We Have Arrested Over 2,000 Bandits’ Informants In Zamfara – Govt


Following the military onslaught on bandits in Zamfara State, no fewer than 2,000 of bandits’ informants and their food suppliers have been arrested in the state.

Among the informants currently giving out vital information on bandits modus of operandi are some highly placed people in the society, the Zamfara State Commissioner of Information, Mr. Ibrahim Dosara, has said.

He also disclosed that no fewer than 80 per cent of bandits had fled the state, adding that the remaining 20 per cent had resorted to feeding on raw millets and okra as their food suppliers’ chain had been cut off.

Read also PDP Zones National Chairman To The North, Presidency to The South

Dosara in an interactive session with newsmen in Kaduna on Thursday thanked the people of the state for the cooperation, support and prayers to end banditry in the state.

The commissioner said that the bandits had perfected the use of camels to perpetrate violence in the state, adding that due to the support from the people, the government decided to present palliatives to them.

Dosara said, “Over 2,000 informants arrested and are now providing vital information on how they relate with the bandits and who supports them, including highly placed individuals.

“We were also successful in the operation in the sense that many bandits have been neutralised by the military. Most of them are forced to eat raw food like millet, okra as they have been cut off from their collaborators in town. They have resorted to using camels to perpetrate violence.” PUNCH


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here